In this time of global pandemic, the moderators, just like everyone else, are subject to our local public health rules and guidelines. Some of us are working from home. Some of us have our school aged children home all day while we try to work from home. All of us are dealing with various kinds of fallout from finding ourselves living in a world where a pandemic is on the loose.
You should expect that the moderation team may be slower to deal with issues, and briefer in responses we send to inquiries. We're working our way through the queue of reports and PMs, and doing our best to keep up, but there is no doubt that things are slower here than they would be during a normal end of March.
We appreciate your patience while we manage the board through this crisis.
There are some things you can do to help keep FoCA functioning and useful.
1. Please review the board rules and be extra careful to follow them. The less time we have to spend dealing with common ableisms, the more time we have for more substantive work.
2. Please review our global post about boundaries during this time. These limitations are necessary to help keep the board from collapsing under the weight of COVID-19. Again, please be very careful to follow these guidelines.
http://friendsofcaptainawkward.com/foru ... =6&t=15255
3. Given the boundaries we've put in place, there are some genuine issues you may have that we can't host posts on. Please seek out support in other places for things that are outside the range of things FoCA can support at this time.
4. Some users are having a difficult time with the limitations we've put in place. That's a valid response! It's normal to want to use this space for support, and it can be disconcerting when the specific kind of support you need can't be asked for in this space. However, it's very important to the survival of the board that we enforce our rules and boundaries. We ask that you be as honest as possible with yourself — if FoCA with the current rules doesn't work for you, please step away until this crisis is over.
5. Some people have stepped back from posting about themselves and are simply reading and posting support for other people. If someone you follow appears to be doing this, please let them make this choice without having to explain it to (the possibly many) other people who wonder when they will again post updates to their ballad.
6. Please take great care of yourself and the people around you. We wish for all of us as easy a trip through this experience as possible, even though hardly anyone is going to come out the other end unchanged.
Thanks for your patience and understanding. Stay well, wash your hands, and reach out for any help you need, either here or somewhere else.
If you have a technical problem or a question about the site, ask here. The admin team will also post announcements here - so check in occasionally!
1 post • Page 1 of 1