Are there guidelines for sigs?

If you have a technical problem or a question about the site, ask here. The admin team will also post announcements here - so check in occasionally!
Calecorvus
Pronouns: They/Them

Are there guidelines for sigs?

Post by Calecorvus »

I tried to find if there was an official post on here, but I didn't see one.

Mostly just curious if there are size limits/preferences for clutter maintenance, or content restrictions.

I'm in the asset-building phase for my webcomic and want to put two little character buttons in my sig that would link to the patreon and the webcomic's tumblr respectively. The comic only has 4 pages so far, but it will eventually get into Fantasy Genre pg-13 land, so I figured better safe than sorry and wanted to check first.

SorchaRei
Administrator
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Are there guidelines for sigs?

Post by SorchaRei »

Section 11.1 of the Rules (linked in the header of every page) is:
URL codes in signatures are fine. We have a 255 character limit. Signatures with lots of different types of writing (cursive, bold etc) are not allowed.

Feel free to add a link to your blog, twitter, Etsy store, or whatever else you want people to visit. #
Link to Rules post: http://friendsofcaptainawkward.com/forum/rules.php
The difference between theory and practice is that in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.

Calecorvus
Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Calecorvus »

Ah, I'd missed that! Thank you!

ImYourDensity
Pronouns: he/him/his

Post by ImYourDensity »

SorchaRei wrote:Feel free to add a link to your blog, twitter, Etsy store, or whatever else you want people to visit. #
Ah, good. I just put a link to my blog in my signature, but I wasn't sure if it was OK or not. Good to know I'm in the clear.
My Blog:

Gagged No More

Speaking out against ableism, kyriarchy and other forms of oppression...whenever I feel like it.