Icon meanings?

If you have a technical problem or a question about the site, ask here. The admin team will also post announcements here - so check in occasionally!
AndSometimesTea
Pronouns: She/her

Icon meanings?

Post by AndSometimesTea »

What do the icons on posts mean? I've only seen them in the Concert Hall. There's a flame, which I'm guessing is a rant, and a heart which I know is a hug, but the rest...?

boutet
Administrator
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Icon meanings?

Post by boutet »

In the concert hall a heart means that the person doesn't want advice, only sympathy. A question mark means that advice is welcome.

AndSometimesTea
Pronouns: She/her

Post by AndSometimesTea »

No, not on the threads. I know how some are for sympathy and some are for advice.

When I go to post a reply, there are several icons across the top. A flame, a thought bubble, something that looks like an audio tape roll, also the heart and the question mark, something that looks like a smiling green person, and a weird little thing I can't even tell what it is, but it's moving or flashing or something.

Some of them are pretty much self-explanatory, but I was wondering what the others were.

mooocow

Post by mooocow »

They don't have any specific meaning, it's just that in order to allow people to put icons on their ballad threads we activated the icons for the concert hall, and that setting automatically comes with a larger set of options. Using the iconon the first post of a thread will make the whole thread have that icon. I have no idea what happens if you use the icon in a later post, but you could try it here to check it out.

Shaw
Pronouns: they

Post by Shaw »

Huh. I don't have icons on mine...just a bit of text that says "smilies are OFF". Do I have to do something in my preferences to turn them on?
Fairtales don't tell children that Dragons exist. Children know Dragons exist. Fairytales tell children that Dragons can be killed.

mooocow

Post by mooocow »

Argh, my bad - it won't work in Administrativia, because they're not activated here. It should work in the Concert Hall though.

Shaw
Pronouns: they

Post by Shaw »

Thanks @mooocow :)
Fairtales don't tell children that Dragons exist. Children know Dragons exist. Fairytales tell children that Dragons can be killed.