Editing posts

If you have a technical problem or a question about the site, ask here. The admin team will also post announcements here - so check in occasionally!
andustar
Pronouns: she, her

Editing posts

Post by andustar »

I just wrote a comment, wandered off, remembered something else I wanted to say and went back to edit it. But after writing my edit and pressing Save it gave an error, saying editing is no longer available for that comment so my changes can't be saved. The edit button is gone from the original comment.

Is there a time limit on editing? If so what is it?

andustar

Re: Editing posts

Post by andustar »

I see my edit button is now gone from the post above, so I guess it's 15 minutes? That's not very long to edit a longish post, especially if you're multitasking! But good to know.

andustar

Post by andustar »

Actually... I've just remembered that as well as cosmetic stuff I was removing a phrase for (possibly?) being ableist, so I do actually want to make the edit. Is that at all possible, maybe via a mod?

M.J.
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by M.J. »

Hi andustar,

The editing time-window is 15 minuets just as you surmised. If you want to edit your post because you realized there was something problematic about it but editing time has run out you can always PM a mod and request assistance with the specific edits.
Hi!

I tumblr at myfairytalelogic

andustar

Post by andustar »

I've PMed you :) thanks for confirming that's how it works.

CodaSammy
Administrator

Post by CodaSammy »

For anyone else struggling with the same issue: another option is to report the post and explain what problematic things you were planning on editing out. Might be easier so you don't have to worry about linking to the post.