New Subforum: The Concert Hall - sing your very own ballad!

If you have a technical problem or a question about the site, ask here. The admin team will also post announcements here - so check in occasionally!
mooocow

New Subforum: The Concert Hall - sing your very own ballad!

Post by mooocow »

Dear Friends,

upon popular request, we have created a new home for ballad type threads: The Concert Hall. This subforum is now the place where you can keep ongoing threads about your personal long-term issues, life updates, and the like.

In the next hours, we are going to move all ballad type threads (that we know of) to the new Concert Hall. Depending on whether their old home was 'Jedi Hugs' or 'I need Help', we will mark the threads as "advice welcome" (question-mark thread icon) or "hugs only" (heart thread icon).

Advice in the Concert Hall

Before you answer to a ballad thread, make sure to check whether the thread owner is open to advice. When in doubt, don't give advice. Advice is only allowed in the Concert Hall when it has been explicitly encouraged by the thread owner, either by the question-mark thread icon, or by an explicit request for advice on a specific issue in-thread.

Let us know if we forgot to move your thread, you want any changes on the status of your thread, or have any other questions.

Otherwise: Enjoy the music!

Your Admod Team

rubymendez
Pronouns: She

Re: New Subforum: The Concert Hall - sing your very own ball

Post by rubymendez »

WOOHOO! YAY! Looking forward to attending the concerts :) I am a season ticket holder to several... oh no, did I stretch the metaphor too far? B-)

Rose Fox
Pronouns: They, Rose, Captain, Senator

Post by Rose Fox »

Advice is only allowed in the Concert Hall when it has been explicitly encouraged by the thread owner, either by the question-mark thread icon, or by an explicit request for advice on a specific issue in-thread.
How does one add a thread icon? The phpBB user guide says there should be a topic icon selection set above the subject line, but I don't see one when I go to make a new post.

EDIT: Oh, huh, for some reason it shows up when trying to make a post to Concert Hall, but not when trying to make a post to Success Stories. Is that specific to the Concert Hall, then? I thought it might be nice/useful elsewhere.
Editor, craftsperson, neutral good social justice bard. Partners are X (they) and J (he); child is Kit (they).

Struggling with a writing project? Ask the Story Nurse!

mooocow

Post by mooocow »

Yep, the thread-icons are only activated for Concert Hall and I think the welcome thread.

I will check in with the other mods whether we want to activate them for all threads!

In any case thanks for the feedback!