Tapatalk closed

If you have a technical problem or a question about the site, ask here. The admin team will also post announcements here - so check in occasionally!
SorchaRei
Administrator
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Tapatalk closed

Post by SorchaRei »

Is ForumRunner an acceptable alternative? Because I will also be very sad to see a FoCA without a GoatLady.
The difference between theory and practice is that in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.

Pewtarizard
Pronouns: She/her

Post by Pewtarizard »

Just a note, am still getting the ''install tapatalk" pop up on the iPad when using a browser.
terwit terwoo. I write stuff too. Normally about mental health, art, video games, or doctor who.

King Hotpants
Pronouns: he

Post by King Hotpants »

Tapatalk is gone and staying gone. To replace that functionality, we are exploring several options. These options include, but are not limited to, the following:
  • upgrading phpBB to a version that incorporates a responsive stylesheet by default
  • installing a mobile stylesheet and the proper device detection code
The end result will very likely be browser-based, not app-based, and should* have full support for the TW tag. It will take some time to get this new thing set up properly, as we're running some back-end stuff that makes a straight upgrade less hassle-free than it would be on a vanilla install of phpBB, but we will do our best to get it figured out within a reasonable time frame.

*in theory. We hope. Maybe. Possibly.
Please read the rules, respect your fellow posters, and contact a member of staff if there's a problem.

BookishBeemer
Pronouns: she, her

Post by BookishBeemer »

That explains a lot. I'm embarrassed to admit I didn't think to get on my computer and pull up the actual site until today.

JulieC

Post by JulieC »

May I ask for an update on the upgrade? I realize all of our mods have actual lives and jobs and this isn't the hugest priority, but I'd love to see people like Goat Lady back on here with us.

And thank you for dealing with the Tapatalk issue and this issue and all the other issues that come up. You mods do a great job, and I'm grateful.

GoatLady
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Post by GoatLady »

GoatLady is SO INCREDIBLY EXCITED to report that the updates appear to have made the forum readable from mobile! :D!

<3 and thanks, I have really, REALLY reallyreally missed this place!
If there's a problem the judicious application of goats won't fix, I don't want to know about it.

Kellis Amberlee

Post by Kellis Amberlee »

Welcome back GoatLady!
The difference between the truth and a lie is that both of them can hurt, but only one will take the time to heal you afterward.

saltomortale

Post by saltomortale »

Welcome back, GoatLady! You and your presence here were sorely missed.
WHOOOOAAAA! (An admittedly poor attempt at emulating a yelling goat, in celebration.)

Jane_the_chicken
Administrator
Pronouns: she/her/they/them/heo/hire

Post by Jane_the_chicken »

A celebration of GoatLady!

~hay and snacks for goats, tea and cookies for everyone else~
I am a literal potato, jumping up and down on my keyboard with my tiny potato feet.

I have written a book! It is very exciting.

Jay Bird
Pronouns: Anything except 'it'

Post by Jay Bird »

Welcome back!