Forum keeps logging me out

If you have a technical problem or a question about the site, ask here. The admin team will also post announcements here - so check in occasionally!
cookie
Pronouns: she/her

Forum keeps logging me out

Post by cookie »

I'm currently at my work computer and when I log in, here, after I click a couple of links to different forums, threads etc., I get returned to the site that says I need to be logged in to see this. At first I thought it was because of the cookies/privacy setting in this browser but I changed those and it still happens. Could it be because I'm technically still logged in at my computer at home? Or any other idea why it keeps happening?
(Aside from, yes, my computer trying to tell me I should really get back to work.)

Edit: Of course now that I've made this post, I haven't been logged out since. *gives browser a massive side-eye*

carbonatedwit

Re: Forum keeps logging me out

Post by carbonatedwit »

I don't think that's anything on our side. We have a setting that logs you out but it's a couple hours, not a few minutes.

Kellis Amberlee

Post by Kellis Amberlee »

I'm sorry you're having troubles, cookie. It shouldn't be a problem that you're logged in at home.
The difference between the truth and a lie is that both of them can hurt, but only one will take the time to heal you afterward.

cookie

Post by cookie »

Alright, thanks! I guess I'll check the browser settings again... (Or maybe not do quite as much leisure internet browsing at work *cough*)