Can I delete posts?

If you have a technical problem or a question about the site, ask here. The admin team will also post announcements here - so check in occasionally!
DibberTheTroll
Pronouns: she/her or ze/zer

Can I delete posts?

Post by DibberTheTroll »

I'm sure this has been asked before, but it wasn't in the FAQs, I couldn't find it in the rules, and when I tried to search here, the search function said no, because the words "delete post" are too common.

I don't see a delete button on the posts I have made or threads I've started already. There is an edit button, which I could use to remove a post if I wanted, by just replacing the text with "removed by user because reasons" but it wouldn't allow me to delete a thread, because other people's posts would still be there, talking about whatever I said in the thread.

Is this something I'd have to ask moderators about on a case by case basis?
Last edited by DibberTheTroll on Mon Apr 06, 2015 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

M.J.
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Can I delete posts?

Post by M.J. »

Hi DibberTheTroll,

That is correct. Editing time for posts is currently unlimited but you cannot delete a thread others have already responded to. If you would like to have a thread removed you can always report the thread or PM an admin about it.

Also, thanks for pointing out that isn't in the FAQ's! I'll see what I can do to add that information there.
Hi!

I tumblr at myfairytalelogic