Is there forum Help? I want to post a picture

If you have a technical problem or a question about the site, ask here. The admin team will also post announcements here - so check in occasionally!
Hattrick
Pronouns: her, she

Is there forum Help? I want to post a picture

Post by Hattrick »

Hi

I want to post pictures of my adorable pets but can't figure out how to do it with the img or url buttons, and I don't see Help on the site, either. How do I do it?

I see how to add a URL but I'd like the photo to appear in my post, if possible.

Thanks.

CodaSammy
Administrator
Pronouns: she, her

Re: Is there forum Help? I want to post a picture

Post by CodaSammy »

It should be the img tag with the image url in it...

Code: Select all

[img]http://static.guim.co.uk/sys-images/Guardian/Pix/pictures/2012/8/16/1345113241935/A-very-cute-kitten-008.jpg[/img]

You're welcome to ask for help here, or you can google for help. This forum runs on phpbb, so if you have a problem, try googling "phpbb + problem" and that should work.

Hattrick
Pronouns: her, she

Post by Hattrick »

Thanks. I didn't see my image when I did Preview but I'll try that now. Kitten!

Kacienna

Post by Kacienna »

Along those lines, is there a way to add a saved picture? Do I put the file path between the img markers, or do something else? I'd love to send Jedi animals too, but some sites don't like having people use their bandwidth to put the picture on another site.

CodaSammy
Administrator
Pronouns: she, her

Post by CodaSammy »

Kacienna wrote:Along those lines, is there a way to add a saved picture? Do I put the file path between the img markers, or do something else? I'd love to send Jedi animals too, but some sites don't like having people use their bandwidth to put the picture on another site.
Yes! At the bottom of your post, there's a blue box called Options (with things like "add a signature" and "notify me when a reply is posted"). There's a tab next to "Options" that says Upload attachment. Click that and you'll see buttons you can press to upload a file. Once it's uploaded, it will be called something like "image.jpg". If you leave it at that, then your post will be sent with a box at the bottom with "attachments" and the picture inside. Alternatively, you can click a "place inline" button and the img tag will appear with your image, in the normal way.

Kacienna

Post by Kacienna »

Hooray! Thank you!