Forum Search

If you have a technical problem or a question about the site, ask here. The admin team will also post announcements here - so check in occasionally!
Esis
Pronouns: She/her

Forum Search

Post by Esis »

I have no idea if this is something the admin team can control, but the word search rules out "common words" but it seems to do so really broadly. I tried to search for "social anxiety" and it said it ignored both of them because they're so common. And this isn't the first search where that happened, but I can't remember what search terms I was using.

Is there any way to narrow what it considers "common"? Because it seems to make it difficult to search for common subjects on this forum when it's supposed to rule out things like "to", "a", and "the"?
I'm always game for some jedi hugs! Or adorable animals of all shapes and sizes :)

Kellis Amberlee
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Forum Search

Post by Kellis Amberlee »

I'll check with people who are more tech-savvy, but I think it's the standard setup of the board. :/
The difference between the truth and a lie is that both of them can hurt, but only one will take the time to heal you afterward.

Esis

Post by Esis »

I was afraid of that, but I figured it would be worth mentioning just in case. Darn algorithms.

ha, it won't search for "support" either. 0.o
I'm always game for some jedi hugs! Or adorable animals of all shapes and sizes :)

CodaSammy
Administrator
Pronouns: she, her

Post by CodaSammy »

I have found a sneaky workaround! Search for suppor*. Without the t, it's not a common word, so it'll search :)

I have no idea whether it can be fixed, but that's how to make it work in an annoying roundabout way.

Esis

Post by Esis »

Aha! Genius!

mooocow

Post by mooocow »

Sammy, I am impressed!
*goes off to search for annoyingly common words*

carbonatedwit
Pronouns: she/her

Post by carbonatedwit »

I'm tweaked a setting and am rebuilding the search index. That should help things a bit.

Esis

Post by Esis »

Thank you!

Esk
Pronouns: they/them

Post by Esk »

It's still doing it... I'll use the workaround.
The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: marriage.

Minhag

Post by Minhag »

Is there any progress on this problem? I just joined and am trying to find information on typical CA topics like "online dating" or "roommate issues" but these types of things are dismissed as too common. I tried leaving off a letter but the system seems to be wise to that as well.