PM "outbox" question

If you have a technical problem or a question about the site, ask here. The admin team will also post announcements here - so check in occasionally!
gracesonnet
Pronouns: her/she

PM "outbox" question

Post by gracesonnet »

The answer to this is probably staring me in the face but when sending PMs out, do they sit in the outbox for a pre-determined amount of time and then the system automagically pushes them out? I see one sitting in my outbox but I don't want to accidentally send it to the person a second time as a duplicate. But I wasn't sure if it's just waiting for me to do something else to actually send it.

Thank you!

Kellis Amberlee
Pronouns: she/her

Re: PM "outbox" question

Post by Kellis Amberlee »

It sits there until the person you sent it to reads it. Hope that clears things up!
The difference between the truth and a lie is that both of them can hurt, but only one will take the time to heal you afterward.

gracesonnet
Pronouns: her/she

Post by gracesonnet »

Kellis Amberlee wrote:It sits there until the person you sent it to reads it. Hope that clears things up!
...ohhh! Okay I get it now! I'm thinking of how my email outbox holds messages while they're "in transit" (I.e. If it's a large attachment or a slow network). This makes sense though.

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oceansoul
Pronouns: him, he,

Post by Oceansoul »

It gives you a chance to edit it, or add stuff too ;) Well, I assume you can do that here. Most other forums that have that feature allow it.