Reason for editing?

If you have a technical problem or a question about the site, ask here. The admin team will also post announcements here - so check in occasionally!
Clementine Danger
Pronouns: She/her

Reason for editing?

Post by Clementine Danger »

I have a bad habit of over-editing my posts once I've clicked "submit." (Working on it, I promise!) I've noticed that some posts have a "reason for edit" tag. After doing a search I know we're encouraged to include those reasons, but I've never found a field to type in after I've made an edit. Can someone tell me what I'm missing?

Kellis Amberlee
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Reason for editing?

Post by Kellis Amberlee »

Hi Clementine!

It's at the bottom. Under the preview and submit-buttons there is a light blue field. The "Reason for editing this post" is at the very bottom. Does that help?
The difference between the truth and a lie is that both of them can hurt, but only one will take the time to heal you afterward.

Clementine Danger
Pronouns: She/her

Post by Clementine Danger »

Huh. I don't get that. I'm just using very aggressive blocking addons (Firefox), but I've disabled all of them and I still don't see it. Am I missing it? This is what I see when I edit (for example) the original post in this thread:

http://i62.tinypic.com/ou13xt.png

Is that what I'm supposed to be seeing? If it's my addons and software causing this I'll solve it on my own, but I just want to verify that the problem is on my end.

kathyn
Pronouns: she, her

Post by kathyn »

I see exactly the same as Clementine, which is why I have also failed to see or fill in this field when editing. I'm using Safari with no blocking software.

Jay Bird
Pronouns: Anything except 'it'

Post by Jay Bird »

I see the same, too. Firefox, no adblock.

CodaSammy
Administrator
Pronouns: she, her

Post by CodaSammy »

Oops, I think what Kellis is describing is an admin option!

When editing, all you need to do is add a line at the bottom of your post that says "edited for X" :)