Muting threads

If you have a technical problem or a question about the site, ask here. The admin team will also post announcements here - so check in occasionally!
Rose Fox
Pronouns: They, Rose, Captain, Senator

Muting threads

Post by Rose Fox »

Is there a way to say "Don't show me this thread again"? I'm using the "View unread posts" link a lot and it would be great to be able to mute threads I'm not interested in (or find triggering) so that they don't pop up there.

carbonatedwit
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Muting threads

Post by carbonatedwit »

I don't see anything obvious I can do by way of installing a mod or something. I'll do more research and try to find something.

Hattrick
Pronouns: her, she

Post by Hattrick »

Rose Fox wrote:Is there a way to say "Don't show me this thread again"? I'm using the "View unread posts" link a lot and it would be great to be able to mute threads I'm not interested in (or find triggering) so that they don't pop up there.
Thanks, I'd been wondering the same thing. For now I go to some of the sub-indexes (like the food court) and mark everything read before I use View Unread Posts.

Rose Fox

Post by Rose Fox »

Right now I just open everything unread in new tabs, and then I close the tabs for things I don't want to read. It's not terribly efficient but it works.

Really, what I should probably do is just open the threads I want and then hit the "mark all forums read" link.

carbonatedwit

Post by carbonatedwit »

You can also bookmark topics. Lower lefthand corner. I haven't experimented with it but it should work, and then you can go to the topics you are following in particular without having to look through other things when you're feeling fragile.

Hattrick

Post by Hattrick »

I searched for "phpbb + mute topics" and found this mod, but I don't know if it's reliable.

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2104240

Rose Fox

Post by Rose Fox »

Hattrick wrote:I searched for "phpbb + mute topics" and found this mod, but I don't know if it's reliable.

https://www.phpbb.com/community/viewtop ... &t=2104240
From the comments it looks pretty broken, alas.

Hattrick

Post by Hattrick »

I thought so too, but wasn't sure. phpbb is all new to me.

carbonatedwit

Post by carbonatedwit »

Some bugginess I'll tolerate, but the bit about marking all threads in a forum read when you open one is not okay. Have to keep looking....