If you have a technical problem or a question about the site, ask here. The admin team will also post announcements here - so check in occasionally!
Vicki
Pronouns: she, her, hers

Post by Vicki »

I have checked the "log me in automatically on each visit" box, but it's not happening. Has this function been implemented?

I have similar problems with other sites, which I suspect may be connected to NoScript, so I realize it may be me rather than the site software.
Any advice that requires the use of a time machine may be safely disregarded. --Abi Sutherland

Kellis Amberlee
Pronouns: she/her

Re: log in automatically?

Post by Kellis Amberlee »

Yeah, it works for me. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you.
The difference between the truth and a lie is that both of them can hurt, but only one will take the time to heal you afterward.

M.J.
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by M.J. »

I think that the automated log-in is dependent on your stored cookies. Do you have that enabled? Or does your privacy settings not allow them or clear them every time you browse? I'm not an expert but I would fiddle with that and see how if that helps.

Oh, and if you click on log-out when leaving the site you need to login again manually I think.
Hi!

I tumblr at myfairytalelogic

Vicki
Pronouns: she, her, hers

Post by Vicki »

It seems to be working properly for now. Thanks all.
Any advice that requires the use of a time machine may be safely disregarded. --Abi Sutherland

Friendly Hipposcriff
Pronouns: she/they

Post by Friendly Hipposcriff »

I'm having trouble with this too - (OXx 10.8, Safari 6). What seems to happen is that it's a session cookie - it logs me in again if I merely close the browser, but not if I restart my computer. This might have something to do with the encryption that is used for the passwords.
(Also, the style cookie is persistently (null) - turn that off, please?)

carbonatedwit
Pronouns: she/her

Post by carbonatedwit »

I don't see any easy way to manage what cookies we save. I'll put it on my todo list, but it'll be a while before I get to it. Sorry about that!