Questions touching on NSFW content

If you have a technical problem or a question about the site, ask here. The admin team will also post announcements here - so check in occasionally!
gonehiding

Questions touching on NSFW content

Post by gonehiding »

I wasn't able to find this in the rules, and I want to double-check before putting my question out there; what are the guidelines, best practices, or rules I failed my Perception check to find regarding sexual/NSFW questions when asking for advice or jedi hugs?

I can easily guess that it would be appropriate to TW those and cover so that users opt-in to having the text come up. I'm also not sure whether this is the best place to even ask the question itself, and might just go with something more like "where do I go for appropriate support on this sexual topic" rather than "I wanna talk about this topic itself here." But I'm unsure if even that is really within the scope of what the forum here is for.

Basically: I am bad at making judgment calls and want to make sure I'm not crossing rules or cultural boundaries for this space, but this is also a space I know is compassionate and safe for tender and painful topics.

boutet
Administrator
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Questions touching on NSFW content

Post by boutet »

Hello! I just want to acknowledge that this question has been seen. I want to check in with the other Mods first to make sure I give you the best answer possible so it make take a few days, but I will come back with an answer for you :)

gonehiding

Post by gonehiding »

Thank you! I am not in a rush and taking time to confer and pull together the best answer is always time well spent 🙂

boutet
Administrator
Pronouns: she/her

Post by boutet »

Thank you for your patience!

I am not sure what kinds of posts you are hoping to make, so it is possible that something might come up later that would lead to some mod involvement. If that does happen please know that we are not here to punish or control, but simply to keep things inside the rules and purpose of the forum. If there is a future issue we will communicate that with you as clearly as we can and we will welcome hearing your side and opinions as well.

Generally with NSFW content we ask that you:

-Use trigger warnings and TW tags (which you already mentioned)
-Use basic and general descriptions of sexual acts and experiences rather than a detailed step-by-step narrative
-Remember that the board can not provide advice on health, but can provide sympathy and support, as well as links to resources they have found useful in similar situations.

If you have a post that you want to make but are unsure if it is appropriate for the board you can also PM a mod to have it read before posting. You can also PM a mod to check your trigger warnings.

I hope that is helpful to you. If you have more specific questions or examples please let me know and I'll do what I can :)

gonehiding

Post by gonehiding »

Understood, thank you! That is very clear and helpful.