how long are locked posts typically locked?

If you have a technical problem or a question about the site, ask here. The admin team will also post announcements here - so check in occasionally!
Priority53

how long are locked posts typically locked?

Post by Priority53 »

There's a post on the "I need help" board that's been locked for review for several days. I'm eager to reply once it's cleared (I want to talk about medical ethics and abuse, not about medical advice). I've never seen this before - wondering what's a typical time to process something like this, and should I be worried about it being forgotten? Thanks and sorry to poke a bit impatiently. I know you mods are doing wonderful work as a labor of love.

kathlynn
Pronouns: any female or generic pronoun

Re: how long are locked posts typically locked?

Post by kathlynn »

Not a mod, but some times they don't update a thread to indicate that they've decided to leave it locked. I know this because I flagged a topic I made, and they let me know of their decision. (I'm not disagreeing with their decision, just showing the behind the scenes)
I fuss over details, loath absolute/blanket statements, and probably over think everything I do.

SorchaRei
Administrator
Pronouns: she/her

Post by SorchaRei »

How long a thread remains locked depends on a number of things.

Why did we lock it?

What do we have to do before we can unlock it, and how long do those prereqs take?

What else is going on that we are also dealing with?

Are any mods who really need to be involved away for the weekend?

There are plenty of other things that can affect the amount of time it takes.

We do try to be as transparent as possible. Usually, this means that we either unlock or post a note explaining why we are leaving it locked. Sometimes we can't do that, for some reason, usually related to someone's privacy. We apologize for the times when we can't be as transparent as usual, but we have to balance competing needs. In this case, I don't know when we'll be able to unlock this, but I promise we're working on it.
The difference between theory and practice is that in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.

Priority53

Post by Priority53 »

Thanks a lot! I am reassured.