Holiday Slow Down

If you have a technical problem or a question about the site, ask here. The admin team will also post announcements here - so check in occasionally!
boutet
Administrator
Pronouns: she/her

Holiday Slow Down

Post by boutet »

Hello everyone!

We're well into end-of-year-winter-holiday busy time now. This is to let you all know that moderation might be a bit slower than usual for the next month or so. Mods may be attending events, doing major end-of-year projects at work or school, might be out of town and away from computers or rolled up in blanket cocoons trying for a moment of quiet, all of which makes it more difficult to respond quickly.

Please do continue posting, and reporting any issues you see, and feel free to continue PM'ing mods. Just be aware that it might take a little extra time to address your messages and reports.

Please also remember that this time of year can be a challenge when it comes to body shaming, well-intentioned but misguided "diet tips" etc. We issue this reminder because we know a lot of you will be dealing with these issues in your daily life and we want this to be a space that is free of comparisons of bodies, diets, weights etc. so that we can talk about how these issues affect us without the burden of ideals and comparisons.

Thank you for your patience!

-boutet and the Admin team

rubymendez
Pronouns: She

Re: Holiday Slow Down

Post by rubymendez »

Thanks for all you do, boutet and the Admin team!

DropTable~DropsMic
Pronouns: She or They

Post by DropTable~DropsMic »

Yes, thanks, I know you spend so much time behind the scenes keeping this a safe community and I am so glad you all do.

Azla
Pronouns: She/her

Post by Azla »

Thanks mods!

Hope the new year will treat you all well!
I make a mess of my commas.

whollyword
Pronouns: She, her

Post by whollyword »

Yay for mods! May any festivities you participate in be actually festive for you, and may your rest be restful.

Saturnalia
Pronouns: they/he

Post by Saturnalia »

Ooh, my kind of pile on :D

Thank you mods for all the work you do to keep this a safe space. The forum rules forced me to really think about the words I use, and through me to my partner, and it's really really improved our lives to never use words that could hurt people, and trying to stop judging bodies etc against a societal message we don't even buy into. Seeing actual moderation happening, consistently, well it has been magical.

Good luck with and/or enjoy the season!