Guidelines for talking about eating habbits?

If you have a technical problem or a question about the site, ask here. The admin team will also post announcements here - so check in occasionally!
Catmom
Pronouns: She, her

Re: Guidelines for talking about eating habbits?

Post by Catmom »

I'd like to say thank you also. I had written the mod team to report one of my own posts because I have found the guidelines confusing so I was uncertain about what is / isn't okay.
(Actually based on the guidelines I thought anything about food was not okay, but then there's um food court, and so I knew I must be not getting the meaning of the food talk guidelines right.)
So, thank you to the mod team!

I feel mostly safe now and might be able to write about food here. I still feel like I'd need to be careful and mindful, but I'm mostly clear. (I have to remind myself that even though it okay to say "I'm following X guideline about what I eat" it is not okay to write about attempting to lose weight, or connections between food and weight.)
Like, I have to remind myself there are both FOOD TALK guidelines and there are BODY / SIZE talk guidelines.
I'm think I'm clear on both (and I continue to pay attention to mod notes and gather clarity.)

(I have this weird need to say that I do not generally go around telling others what to eat or making shaming comments about weight loss / body size. My comments make it a seem like those things might be the case, and they are not. Most of the talk guidelines at FOCA are things I do anyway or similar, but the food stuff did not seem familiar. I talk about food and what food I think is healthy for me, and how health fits in with my eating behavior a LOT!)