Not realizing that I got a mod note

If you have a technical problem or a question about the site, ask here. The admin team will also post announcements here - so check in occasionally!
computercat56
Pronouns: she/her

Not realizing that I got a mod note

Post by computercat56 »

I posted in the banana recipe thread, but didn't check back (because I don't like bananas). I was waiting for something to download at work, and clicked on it randomly and discovered a mod note directed at me. I didn't see it, nor get any sort of notification. Am I expected to check in on every thread I participate in to make sure I didn't mess up?

I'm especially concerned in light of the recent suspension of a user for ignoring these notes.

CodaSammy
Administrator
Pronouns: she, her

Re: Not realizing that I got a mod note

Post by CodaSammy »

I'm going to take your comment to the team for discussion because it's a good point, but in the meantime I just wanted to reassure you: the banned user was fully aware of all moderation and had been directed to numerous resources to help them learn what was acceptable in this space. You would not be banned for moderation that you hadn't seen!

computercat56
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Not realizing that I got a mod note

Post by computercat56 »

Thanks for the reassurance, I appreciate it! Also look forward to the outcome of the discussion.