Trouble using the search function

If you have a technical problem or a question about the site, ask here. The admin team will also post announcements here - so check in occasionally!
kingderella
Pronouns: He/Him

Trouble using the search function

Post by kingderella »

Hi FOCA team!

I'm having trouble using the search function. I tried to search all forums for some specific terms (witch, witchcraft, wicca), and turned up with zero results. That seems strange, because the terms I searched for are not that obscure, surely someone must have used them at least casually in converstaion, even if there's no thread about it yet?

So I searched the entire forum for the term "boundaries", and came up with only 6 results. Searching for the term "search" comes up with only 2 results. Surely, that can't be right? I always search all forums, "Post subjects and message text".

Can you explain what is going on here, and how I can make the search function work for me?

Thanks! K

creativeusername
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Trouble using the search function

Post by creativeusername »

I know the search function has always been iffy, but just to add an extra data point to kingderella's post here, the searching just plain doesn't work for me anymore, to any extent. 0 results on any search, even searching within threads that I know contain what I'm looking for. I used to be able to use it for at least that much.

Not a big deal to me personally, but I thought I might mention it for what it's worth.

Rose Fox
Pronouns: They, Rose, Captain, Senator

Re: Trouble using the search function

Post by Rose Fox »

I just tried searching on fairly common terms ("roommate" and "housemate") and only got results going back to March 2017.
Editor, craftsperson, neutral good social justice bard. Partners are X (they) and J (he); child is Kit (they).

Struggling with a writing project? Ask the Story Nurse!