Accessibility question

If you have a technical problem or a question about the site, ask here. The admin team will also post announcements here - so check in occasionally!
BloomingAzaelas
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Accessibility question

Post by BloomingAzaelas »

Thanks for the replies!

I have been unable to find a browser specific text size setting in any browser on my iPhone (5c, if that matters). I've tried Safari, Chrome, and Ghostery. I turned the text size up in the phone's settings, which state that "apps that support dynamic type will adjust to your preferred reading size." It helps with some sites but not this one.

Zooming in is not a good solution for me, nor is the "magnifying glass" style zoom available through the accessibility settings of the phone, as the motion makes me queasy due to the migraines.

BloomingAzaelas
Pronouns: she/her

Post by BloomingAzaelas »

I tried a number of browsers:

Safari - no text size setting
Chrome - no text size setting
Firefox - no text size setting
Dolphin - does allow text size adjustment, works on posts but not when typing replies
Puffin - no text size setting that I could find, but default size is a bit larger than Safari
Opera - no text size setting, but zoom level can be changed (click the "o", then set "data
Settings/savings enabled" to "opera mini", zoom is under advanced settings). This magnifies everything including buttons.

kathlynn
Pronouns: any female or generic pronoun

Post by kathlynn »

On the browser, when viewing it in the original, web version there is am option for larger text in/on the site itself. I haven't tried it on my phone (I use firefox on both) and it does retain the setting, though, at first, it loads in the small font and then jumps to the larger font (it took a few pages for it to be automatic. it's the A with the up and down arrows beside it, on the right side of the page. There are only three sizes. And you click on it to rotate through them, with the standard size being the smallest.
I fuss over details, loath absolute/blanket statements, and probably over think everything I do.