This forum [Content Warning]

Have you been harassed or made uncomfortable on the forum? Information about how to report harassment and how our policy works.
littlebluedove
Pronouns: They

This forum [Content Warning]

Post by littlebluedove »

CW added by mod:
This user is angry and lashing out at the board, the moderators and the forum members. Please exercise self-care in reading this thread. Please do not respond, as the user has been banned. Please use the report button on new posts here or on PMs you receive from the user.
-----------------------

Several people have recently traumatized me on this forum. This space has become abusive and toxic.

Edited to add: the so called "rules" are apparently twisted in such a way that I cannot have boundaries, stand up for those boundaries, or express how I feel if someone upsets me. The forum has been using a classic abuser tactic against me of abusing me and then turning around and accusing me of being the abuser, when it's the other way around.

I feel violated, triggered, and unsafe here.
Last edited by CodaSammy on Mon Jul 31, 2017 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added content warning for the thread

boutet
Administrator
Pronouns: she/her

Re: This forum

Post by boutet »

Mod note:

This note has been copied over from Littlebluedove's 'I Need Help' double-post on this topic.

Littlebluedove,

The ability to receive moderation is mandatory to participating here. If you disagree with a moderation there are options available to you. From our rule 3.1
If we make a decision that you disagree with, you are more than welcome to say so -- just please do it without resorting to personal attacks or unnecessary snark.

If you think a mistake has been made, a quick message to the team member in question might clear things up without having to make a forums-wide announcement. If you have a problem with a specific mod or admin, contact Kellis Amberlee, our current ombudsperson. If you have a problem with Kellis Amberlee (link) , contact carbonatedwit
(link here)
You did not do these things. You did resort to personal attack, both in posting on the board and in private message (which will not be shared to respect your privacy).

We're sorry this space isn't working for you. A safe(r) space means we respect each other's boundaries and work hard to keep it free from [racism, sexism, ableism,...]. Our rules and our expectations are clearly posted and following them is mandatory for participating in this space. Expecting you to follow the rules is not abuse. We are issuing a permanent ban on your account. We wish you the best and hope you find a place better suited to your needs.

To all users: Thank you for all your support for LittleBlueDove. If you have any questions or concerns please contact me (or any other moderator).

Additionally, we are leaving this thread unlocked for users to discuss the situation if you need to. Please keep in mind that Littlebluedove is not here to read and respond to any messages to them, and also that their absence is not a license to be unkind.

Mod note end.
Last edited by CodaSammy on Mon Jul 24, 2017 5:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: removing extraneous info copied from other post

creativeusername

Post by creativeusername »

I really wanted them to be okay, and I still do. I'm sad that I'll not get to know if their situation improves.

Sorry they were disrespectful to you all (the mods) and to other users. I hope my comment toward them in the duplicate thread didn't come across as ignoring that. I just really wanted them to be okay, and to not ruin their opportunity to participate in this supportive space (as I've nearly done myself in the past). It's unfortunate that it didn't work out that way.

ETA: Thanks to the mods for giving us the space to express these kinds of feelings.

hugseverycat

Post by hugseverycat »

Same, Evelyn. I hope they will be OK. And I hope everyone who received disrespectful messages from them is ok, too. Whoever they are, they didn't deserve it. I'm sad that this whole situation happened, as prior to this, I really valued littlebluedove's presence here.

Redheadedtwit

Post by Redheadedtwit »

This makes me sad but looking back at the thread I understand the actions the mods have taken. The drastic switch in the tone of the thread is alarming.
I hope littlebluedove is ok. Sending Jedi Hugs to anyone that needs them, so I guess I'll give myself a lil hug too.

Saturnalia
Pronouns: they/he

Post by Saturnalia »

I'm super new here, and this was my first time observing something like this. I was impressed by the compassion of everyone, and watching how the mods handled it really put my mind at ease. Cause I was watching that thread, and whoa. When it changed, it was scary, and my brainweasels were on full weasly alert. At the same time, I was totally feeling littlebluedove's feels. That combination of relatability and fear didn't sit well.

I'm grateful for this place. You all are the proof I can use against those negative generalizations my brain spins up about how people/the world are/is. <3

I'm sending thoughts of positivity and peace to littlebluedove.

Shannon
Pronouns: she, her

Post by Shannon »

Littlebluedove says that they were hoping to get support from the rest of the forum due to the moderators being abusive to them, but apparently, many users on here are abusive as well. This place has become dangerous and could potentially drive vulnerable people to suicide, it's that bad. All of the abusers here can rot in the filth that they spew.

Shannon
Pronouns: she, her

Post by Shannon »

A person has the right to set a boundary and defend that boundary if it is crossed. This is not what the Captain is about. This is disrespectful both to littlebluedove and Captain Awkward.

boutet
Administrator

Post by boutet »

Mod Note to all users:

We have reliable evidence that "shannon" is, in fact, littlebluedove. We are banning this account as well and will continue to enforce the permanent ban on this user, no matter what name they are operating under.

If any user receives an inappropriate PM that seems related to this situation please contact a moderator. Our PM privacy rules are waived when it comes to inappropriate PM's, and users are allowed and encouraged to contact a moderator in that case.

wary-bear

Post by wary-bear »

This is not to take away from any of the well wishes expressed for littlebluedove, and I wish the best for them as well. I just wanted to say that I also hope that the users who were on the receiving end of the anger are also okay and that they know that they didn't do anything wrong.