Can the sibling thread be moved to support?

Got an idea to help make this a better place?
MerleauPonty

Can the sibling thread be moved to support?

Post by MerleauPonty »

Hello!

I just commented on a thread about bad siblings and how to deal with them. It's an old thread form the 'i need help' section, but multiple people in the thread have suggested it could be moved to the support section, as it might be an ongoing thing for people. It is for me, and i wanted to ask if it's possible to move it?

Thanks!

http://friendsofcaptainawkward.com/foru ... =18&t=6808

SorchaRei
Administrator
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Can the sibling thread be moved to support?

Post by SorchaRei »

((Mod hat on))

MerleauPonty,

The thread in I Need Help belongs to its creator, M.J. We will leave it in I Need Help in case M.J. ever wants to revsisit the specific issues that led him to create the thread in the first place. If you explore I Need Help, you will see that sometimes the original posters return with updates and additional requests for help with the same issue months or years later. For this reason, I Need Help threads need to remain where they are and be treated as what they are: specific requests for help by the originator of the thread.

In a Support Group thread, the originator of the thread just gets the ball rolling, but other people can (and generally will) chime in to disucss their own situations, and everyone in the thread offers support, suggestions, and Jedi hugs as needed. This seems to be what you are after; if that's the case, please start a thread in Support Groups instead of trying to repurpose M.J.'s thread.

In the future, please pay attention to which specific area of the forum you are posting in. I Need Help threads are for individual people to ask for help about specific issues, and control of the discussion rests with the original poster. Threads for general support go in Support Groups. It is entirely appropriate for you to refer to a specific I Need Help thread when you start a Support Group thread, perhaps by saying something like I was reading a thread in I Need Help ((link)) and it made me realize that I would like to have a support group thread for people dealing with ((X Issue)). Since I don't see an existing one here, I thought I'd start it.

If you do start a thread in Support Grouos, please return to the I Need Help thread to post a link there so people can find the more general discussion. Thanks!

((Mod hat off))
Last edited by SorchaRei on Wed Jul 27, 2016 6:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fix tags
The difference between theory and practice is that in theory, there is no difference between theory and practice, but in practice, there is.

MerleauPonty

Re: Can the sibling thread be moved to support?

Post by MerleauPonty »

Hey SorchaRei, thanks so much for your answer. I understand.

I suggested it because M.J. said in their original post that it could be moved to support aswell, and when i read through it i found others were making the same suggestion. I just thought, lets bring it to your attention.

Sorry to not have properly understood the rules :)