Announcement Board?

Got an idea to help make this a better place?
mooocow

Announcement Board?

Post by mooocow »

Hi all,

Sometimes there is stuff going on in my life, so I don't have much time to read and respond on the forums. But the connections with many people here feel so intense that I feel bad about not responding to threads they start and the like. Just disappearing in the middle of a conversation, or not reacting to something when I know people would expect/hope for a reaction from me seems impolite. And while I wouldn't want to go through the bother of writing to every single one of those people (or even deciding who should be informed and who not) every time I'm having a busy time, I would really love some kind of announcement board subforum, where I could just post a general "I'm spending 2 weeks in the desert without internet connection, will be back with nice photos on X day!" announcement so people know where I disappeared to.

I wonder whether other people might find that useful, too...

Kellis Amberlee
Pronouns: she/her

Re: Announcement Board?

Post by Kellis Amberlee »

Hi mooocow that is really thoughtful and kind of you. Let me bring it to the team. :)
Last edited by Kellis Amberlee on Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Word fixing.
The difference between the truth and a lie is that both of them can hurt, but only one will take the time to heal you afterward.

Kellis Amberlee
Pronouns: she/her

Post by Kellis Amberlee »

The difference between the truth and a lie is that both of them can hurt, but only one will take the time to heal you afterward.

mooocow

Post by mooocow »

Yay! Thanks folks! It's so great to be part of a community where input is met with such enthusiasm :-) It's so rewarding making suggestions here, I'm gonna have a hard time stopping myself from making more ;-)

The_Other_Alice
Pronouns: she, her

Post by The_Other_Alice »

We love suggestions! Genuinely, one of the nicest things about moderating this board is the amount of passion the people here have for it. That said, I'm afraid suggestions like 'can the forum have this piece of code' are generally really tricky for us to put in place. Other than that, have at it!