Finding threads

Got an idea to help make this a better place?
rosemaryjuniper
Pronouns: she/her

Finding threads

Post by rosemaryjuniper »

This might be silly...

Is there a way to bookmark threads that you want to follow? I'm generally navigating by "View unread posts," but if something hasn't been posted in recently, that doesn't work. Search feature is good, but has some problems.

Example: I was trying to find the "Things that make you happy" thread through the search bar. Results: "The following words in your search query were ignored because they are too common words: happy make things."

I'm glad that happy make things are common words! but how can I find the thread?

M.J.
Pronouns: He/Him

Re: Finding threads

Post by M.J. »

Hiya!

You can subscribe to threads that you want to follow. If you look towards the bottom of this page, below the "Post Reply" button there is a link to "Board Index" below THAT there is a teeny tiny link with a checkbox called "Subscribe topic". For topics that you are already subscribed to it will instead say "Unsubscribe topic".

You can manage your subscribed topics in the User Control panel where you find a handy list of all of your subscribed topics. This does mean you will get a notification whenever someone posts to the topic and some people find that annoying and some find it helpful. Other than that I think you'd have to bookmark them manually to your browser bookmarks.

Hope that helps!
Hi!

I tumblr at myfairytalelogic

rosemaryjuniper

Post by rosemaryjuniper »

Thanks! I completely missed that before.

bravely[word]
Pronouns: She/her

Post by bravely[word] »

How do you get notifications on updates to threads you're subscribed to...?

Also, I think possibly an option next to the cluster on the right ("View your posts," "View unanswered posts," etc.) where you could "View subscribed topics," would be really nice! =D

M.J.
Pronouns: He/Him

Post by M.J. »

Notifications are sent to your email, there may be a delay.

Currently you can see all of your subscribed topics by heading to your user control panel.
Hi!

I tumblr at myfairytalelogic

King Hotpants
Pronouns: he

Post by King Hotpants »

bravely[word], I agree that a "view subscriptions" button would be handy. We'd have to make some changes to the template, but I'll put it on The List (of technical stuff that we investigate when we have the time and energy to do so).

Thanks!
Please read the rules, respect your fellow posters, and contact a member of staff if there's a problem.

cookie

Post by cookie »

King Hotpants wrote:bravely[word], I agree that a "view subscriptions" button would be handy. We'd have to make some changes to the template, but I'll put it on The List (of technical stuff that we investigate when we have the time and energy to do so).

Thanks!
Seconding that this would be super cool, and thanks for considering the option! We're lucky to have such a great and dedicated mod team!