Hiding threads

Got an idea to help make this a better place?
tobyleaf
Pronouns: They/them

Hiding threads

Post by tobyleaf »

I don't know if there is a way to prevent a thread from coming up in 'View unread posts'. I had to look at a thread today to get it out of my unread posts because just seeing the title was upsetting me. I feel like a really helpful thing would be if there could be a way to permanently hide threads like that or block them, because it will come up again if anyone posts on it.
There may be typos as I mostly write here from my phone.

androgynous_peacock
Pronouns: she/her/hers

Re: Hiding threads

Post by androgynous_peacock »

Seconding this; I don't know if it's possible, but it would be excellent, if so.
No matter the question, love is the answer.

carbonatedwit
Pronouns: she/her

Post by carbonatedwit »

I'll take a look around. Last time I looked for a plugin for this, I didn't find anything I could use. But it's on my list of things to work on!

kathyn
Pronouns: she, her

Post by kathyn »

I'm having the same issue. If hiding threads won't work, is there a possibility of a way to mark a thread as read without actually having to open it up, which would help a little?

Hattrick
Pronouns: her, she

Post by Hattrick »

Me too. There are some topic I'd like to hide because of lack of interest and now a few because titles are triggering. Thanks.

kathlynn
Pronouns: any female or generic pronoun

Post by kathlynn »

Until this is looked after you could hide post or threads that are older then a preset amount via the user control panel. you can also use the mark forum as read button available on the main forum page (http://friendsofcaptainawkward.com/forum/index.php
I fuss over details, loath absolute/blanket statements, and probably over think everything I do.

Silene
Pronouns: She

Post by Silene »

Any news on this front? One of the current popular thread titles is one of my nightmares and even if I click on it to go away it always comes back when someone posts. *shudder*

carbonatedwit
Pronouns: she/her

Post by carbonatedwit »

This is something that is technically difficult, and none of the plugins seem to work; I don't think I'm going to be able to do it. I'm sorry about that. I'm able to figure a lot of things out, but I'm not a software engineer.

All I can say is, take care of yourself first. If you have to leave the board, or avoid that forum, for a while, do what you need to do to take care of you.

Silene
Pronouns: She

Post by Silene »

Thanks for the update and the support, carbonatedwit! Thankfully the thread died :)